The submission deadline for 2015 is July 1, 2014
* COMEDIES * DRAMAS * MUSICALS * CLASSICS * ORIGINALS *
ROYALTY and NON-ROYALTY ALL BEING ACCEPTED
We are getting an early start on our 2015 season! Please read the details below carefully for new changes for our season submission guidelines.
What is STAGEStheatre all about?
STAGEStheatre has been in business for over 20 years, and is an entity that is consistently evolving to provide actors, directors, writers, designers, and artists with a creative environment that offers an eclectic and challenging variety of theatrical opportunities at all “stages” of the process. STAGEStheatre presents every form of theatrical literature, from the classics to world premieres. STAGEStheatre endeavors to merge each literary work with the highest production values and the most passionate performances possible.
Our season begins in January and runs all year to the end of December.
We will only consider show proposals submitted through these ways:
eMailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
STAGEStheatre, attention: submissions
400 East Commonwealth Ave, Suite #4
Fullerton CA 92832
If you are local – you can always drop off your submission as well.
If you are a Director without a show to Direct:
If you are looking to direct at STAGEstheatre, and don’t have a particular script you are attached to, please send us your resume, any information you would like to include (what interests you), and we will set up an interview as soon as possible. Please email us at: email@example.com
If you are a Director with a show to Direct:
We are looking for shows that you are passionate about, excited to direct, and that you think are a good fit for STAGEStheatre to produce. Please read the details below carefully for our submission guidelines.
· Directors should submit 3-4 show options to help us shape the best season possible. This provides us flexibility, while still appealing to your needs. One submission limits options, and might mean we don’t get to work with you because the one show wasn’t available or wasn’t a good fit for the overall season.
· Please submit a full copy of the script you are interested in directing, with a brief synopsis of the storyline. Please note we are unable to return scripts.
· Let us know what your vision is for the production, and why you think this would be a good show for STAGEStheatre to produce.
Provide production details, including set, lights, sound, costumes and any other major requirements to fulfill your vision for the shows you are submitting.
· If you are interested in a directing a Musical, please include information about your production team (Musical Director, Musicians, Choreographer).
· Always remember to include your resume, and contact information so we reach you.
If you are a Playwright:
Incomplete or unfinished scripts will not be considered.
For completed original scripts: Please submit your show with a director attached to the project. Submissions with a director will take precedence, and may not be considered otherwise.
· Please provide your resume, and contact information so we can always get back to you
· Please send us a perusal copy of your script, a brief description of the plot, and character breakdown. If the original piece is a musical, please include a CD of the score.
· Has the piece been performed elsewhere? If so, a selection of reviews and/or production photos would be appreciated.
If you are a Designer (Sets, Lights, Sound, Costumes, and Properties):
Looking to get involved? Just not getting enough opportunities where you are?
Please submit your resume along with references. Include what types of productions you are most interested in designing (Comedies? Dramas? Musicals?) and when you are available in the year.
The deadline for submissions for our 2015 season is July 1, 2014.